We offer initial orthodontic consultations at no charge, allowing you to easily discover how orthodontics can enhance your smile. As well, orthodontic observation appointments for young children are usually also no charge as we watch their teeth and jaws develop. At the initial consultation, the patient's facial and oral structures, as well as the teeth themselves, will be evaluated for any alignment or biting problems. Thorough explanation will be given of the situation and the options that are available. The timing of treatment will also be discussed. If necessary, there will be a fee for any records taken and your insurance will be filed. These fees will be discussed thoroughly. The dentist will be given a report of Dr. Hechler's findings and will be kept updated throughout the orthodontic treatment. The fees for any suggested orthodontic treatment will be explained in detail. Any questions that the patient or parent has will be answered in an understandable manner.
What Makes Hechler Orthodontics So Special?
- Dr. Hechler's office is a patient centered practice specializing in orthodontics for both children and adults. State of the art, personalized treatment is delivered and the most technologically advanced equipment is utilized. You'll also find a highly dedicated and trained staff to make your visit not just an appointment but also an experience to remember.
- Dr. Hechler is a diplomate on the American Board of Orthodontics.
- Dr. Hechler is the Immediate Past President of the Kansas Dental Association.
- Dr. Hechler sees the patient at their appointment and the parent is informed about the progress of his or her child after each appointment.
- Dr. Hechler utilizes digital radiographs to reduce radiation exposure.
- You don't have to flash a tin grin anymore! Clear brackets are available as well as the Invisalign System. Dr. Hechler is a Premier Provider with Invisalign.
- Hechler Orthodontics offers different financing options to suit every budget. No initial payment options, as well as no interest payment arrangements. You choose!
- Dr. Hechler has only one location: 12800 Metcalf Ave., Overland Park, KS. No need to travel to another office in the unlikely event of an emergency.
- Parking is abundant and our office is handicap accessible.
- Office Hours: Monday - Thursday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Noontime and Saturday appointments are available for your convenience.
- The most current sterilization technique for your protection.
To make your orthodontic visits more enjoyable, we offer the following items:
I-Pad for adult use while waiting. Office has Wi-Fi capability.
Appointment Confirmation customized to your preference. Automated phone call, text message, and email contacts you 1, 2, or 3 ways. Let us know what works best for you!
Game Room for your entertainment while you are with us.
Theatre Room with surround sound to enjoy a movie instead of just reading a magazine.
I-Pads at each treatment chair to use.
Coffee Bar in the reception area.
Afternoon Snacks warm, freshly baked cookies served every afternoon.
Toothbrushing Station stocked with toothbrushes, toothpaste, mouthwash, and dental floss for your use.
Contests fun drawings, games and prizes.
Token Rewards Program with fun items to earn.
Our office practices excellence in instrument sterilization. This is an important part of your treatment, and we value the trust that you place in us regarding sterility. All of the sterilization standards of the American Dental Association are met or exceeded by our office. This includes heat sterilization. New gloves are worn for each patient, and all instruments are sterilized in between patients. Disposable items are used whenever possible. We would be happy to discuss our sterilization procedures with you and show you our sterilization facilities.